One long-ago California day, I interviewed for a technical writer gig. “Have you considered recruiting?” they asked. I hadn’t. But I love technology and its people & I had sales experience.
The rest, as they say, is history.
My writing was first published in my tiny North Dakota hometown newspaper when I was 17 🙂 Not a huge barrier to entry, but still. These days, I write lots of different (non-fiction) things like LinkedIn posts, blogs, sales copy, Amazon product descriptions, newsletters; I’ve authored a couple of Indiegogo campaigns and I recently published an e-book on Amazon.
By day, I work as an IT recruiter. After hours, I weave my recruiting & writing together to help job seekers and small businesses better-tell their story.
What I do best:
- As part of your strategic job search, I’m great at professional branding (ie. creating a clear and compelling resume + congruent LinkedIn profile).
I also help my clients get connected to their target companies OUTSIDE of the talent acquisition/recruiting pipeline.
- Professional story-telling: blogging / LinkedIn posts / resume-revisions / cover letters / sales copy / proofreading / copy editing / video editing and more.
Who do I work with?
- People who are 10+ years into a career and want help with professional branding (resume + LinkedIn profile);
- Small business owners (usually startups) who want to increase their company’s visibility with content marketing (blogging) and social media.
My services aren’t a fit if:
- You need to find a new job right NOW;
- You’re < 5 years into your career or you’re trying to make a really big career pivot;
- You’re super cost-conscious. This isn’t the most-expensive service, but it’s not the cheapest, either;
- You need last-minute, I-need-it-done-yesterday work of any kind.
- I read a LOT, mostly nonfiction topics relating to energy, happiness (including finding one’s right work), the science of deliberate creation / manifesting / Law of Attraction, and quantum mechanics. I bring this to my ‘life lab’ & play with it.
- What gets my heart thumping? Spur-of-the-moment adventures, travel and HORSES (which may not be something you’d hire me for…but if you want to, let’s talk!).
Helping you | your work BE VISIBLE in an authentic and compelling way is my joy.
Want to see if we’re a fit?
Here’s a link to my calendar for a free 15-minute intro call (don’t be shy).