One long-ago California day, I interviewed for a technical writer gig. They asked, “have you considered recruiting?” (I hadn’t). But I love technology and its people & I had sales experience.
The rest, as they say, is history.
My writing was first published in my tiny North Dakota hometown newspaper when I was 17 🙂 Not a huge barrier to entry, but still.
These days, I write lots of different (non-fiction) things like LinkedIn articles, blogs, sales copy, press releases & newsletters; I’ve authored a couple of Indiegogo campaigns and I even published a book on Amazon.
By day, I work as an IT recruiter. After hours, I put my recruiting & writing experience to work, helping job seekers better-tell their stories.
What I do best:
As part of your strategic job search, I’m great at professional branding (ie. creating a clear and compelling resume + congruent LinkedIn profile).
I also help my clients get connected to companies OUTSIDE of the talent acquisition/recruiting pipeline.
Professional story-telling: blogging / LinkedIn articles / cover letters / sales copy / proofreading / copy editing / video editing and more.
Who do I work with?
- People who are 10+ years into a career and want help with professional branding (resume + LinkedIn profile);
My services aren’t a fit if:
- You need to find a new job right NOW;
- You’re < 5 years into your career or you’re trying to make a really big career pivot;
- You’re super cost-conscious. This isn’t the most-expensive service, but it’s not the cheapest, either;
- You need last-minute, I-need-it-done-yesterday work of any kind.
- I read a LOT, mostly nonfiction relating to energy, finding one’s right work, the science of deliberate creation / manifesting / Law of Attraction, and quantum mechanics. I bring this to my ‘life lab’ & play with it.
- What gets my heart thumping? Spur-of-the-moment adventures, travel,
and HORSES (which may not be something you’d hire me for…but if you want to, let’s talk!).
Helping you to BE VISIBLE in an authentic and compelling way is my joy.
Want to see if we’re a fit?
Here’s a link to my calendar for a free 15-minute intro call (don’t be shy).